Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Alpha Beta Glow Pads Review


I'm sure many of you have heard of the well known Alpha Beta Daily FacePeel by Dr. Dennis, a gentle exfoliant that promises enhanced radiance and skin clarity, and it delivers!  Well the "summer" version has just been released - the Alpha Beta Glow Pad!

What it is:
An exfoliating self-tanner with antiaging properties and vitamin D.

What it is formulated to do:
Alpha Beta Glow Pads provide a radiant, sun kissed glow year-round, without exposure to the sun's harmful UVA/UVB rays. Formulated with the sun vitamin, Active Vitamin D, these pads give the face believable, natural color.

Whats in it:
-Alpha & Beta Hydroxy Acids: Exfoliate dull dry skin and help minimize the appearance of dark spots and pores.
-Vitamin D: Helps relieve dry skin, itching and flaking; makes other vitamins work better.
-Soy Protein: Kick-starts collagen production and ensures a more natural hue for rich, long-lasting color.
-Encapsulated DHA: Provides time-released color.


What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Microencapsulated DHA and soy proteins deliver odorless, streak free color deep into skin to prevent fading through surface exfoliation. Alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids penetrate the skin to exfoliate, tighten pores, eliminate blackheads, and help fade existing sunspots for an even, streak-free glow. Vitamin D is known for enhancing the benefits of other vitamins and antioxidants found in the formula. This product is gentle enough for all skin types, vegan, and cruelty-free

My Experience -
I heard it was coming out and went to Sephora looking for it, unfortunately its an online exclusive right now, so its not in stores. I am lucky enought to also live near a Blue Mercury, so I made my way there to pick it up!  I also noticed it at Nordstrom (while purchasing a Chantecaille Sea Turtle Eyeshadow Palette! i have issues! review coming soon!)

Anyway!  The first time I used it was when I got home from work on Thursday,  which wasn't really such a great idea considering  I then went to the gym, and took a shower when i got home.  Had i really thought that one through, I probably should have waited til I got home, but turns out, my stupidity just proved how great the product is!  I had a nice tan when I woke up the next morning, which was totally even and streak free, and not at all orange!   The fact that I washed my face AFTER applying made me nervous that the next time I may be too dark or orange if I actually left it on all night, which is how I intended to use it!  but no worries, I put it on at night last night, and today, i am just slightly tanner than last time.  I got three separate comments at work today, asking what I had done differently today (two of the people seemed to think I had lightened my hair, I assume since in comparison to my new glowing tan, it looked lighter)  but they all said i looked great, but couldn't put their finger on it!  My skin also seems more even, and some leftover red marks from blemishes look faded. 

I also love this product, because as someone with sensitive/combo/occasional breakout skin, I am generally nervous self tanners will break me out.  The Alpa Beta Pads I know would be great for my skin since they exfoliate as well, and wont clog pores.

Where its available  - sephora.com (not in stores yet)
Blue Mercury, Nordstrom, or anywhere that carries Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare!
Price:  $32 for 20, which is pricey, but I used one wipe Thursday, and then one today, and have maintained the nice tan glow.  So I would use AT MOST two a week, probably closer to once a week, so the product will definitely last me a long time.




I like it so much I'm thinking of surprising my sister by sending her some!

1 comment:

mineral makeup said...

It is good to ex-foliate the skin once in a while so that the dead cells are particularly taken care of.Thanks for the review...so many in the market obviously confuse the buyer.