Sunday, November 27, 2016

Megs Wedding Makeup

Megan's Wedding Makeup!




My sister informed me about two weeks ahead of time, that she wanted ME to do her makeup for her wedding! Cue instant panic and freakouts on my part!   Megan generally wears minimal makeup, and had felt to overdone and "pageanty" at the trials she had gone to.  While I understood what she meant, I was very nervous to undertake such a massive responsibility for her wedding (and without significant time to practice since she lives in Ohio and I live in New Jersey)


We were able to practice a few days before the wedding and get a feel of what Megan wanted, which was basically to look like herself but better! She wanted a bit of shimmer on her eyes, as well as the color purple, and a nude lip. 


 


Below are listed ALL the products I used. I'm sure many will be surprised as to how many products are used for such a natural look!



Before makeup-

I used BeautyCounter Skin balancing facial oil - I find this moisturizes and balances oil production preventing late day shininess, I don't think I reapplied powder to Megan at all. 

Primer - I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer which I have found to be the best photographed primer I have ever used. It smooths out skin and minimizes pores and fine lines. 

Foundation - Mac Face and Body foundation in C3 on the face. - I really like this because its light and natural looking and also photographs well. 

Concealer - I used BeautyCounter Concealer pen in light under eyes and around the nose. I love this concealer because it is just the right amount of color and highlight to diminish under eye darkness without caking in any fine lines (not that Megan has any of course).  * this item is not included in the picture because I gave the concealer to Megan and am awaiting another to come in!

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cannelle - heavier concealer used on any discoloration

Contour - Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit.
I used the peach shade for highlight under Megan's eyes, up cheekbone, down nose, and on cupids bow.  I used the lightest of the dark shades for under cheekbone, under jawline and down sides of nose. 
Bronzer - Nars Laguna bronzer on cheekbones, chin, and hairline. 
Blush - Nars Deep Throat (peach with shimmer) on apple of cheek
Highlight - Nars liquid Illuminator in Hot sand (Peach Champagne) on cheekbone
Highlight - Nars The Multiple in Copacabana (glistening pearl) on cheekbone,cupids bow.

Bronzer - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant light (golden beige) - used over what previously mentioned just adds a bit if shimmer.
Highlight - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous light (champagne pearl)
Powder Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk powder in Shade 4 and set with Mac Fix+ spray.  (this is in the black powder container because it cracked and I transferred it into that container, I am not sure if you can still buy this powder but its a beautiful powder that photographs so well)



On lips -
Liner-  MAC Cremestick Liner in Beurre (plum/pinkish)
Lipstick - Burberry Lip Cover in Tulip Pink # 27 (rosey beige)
Lip Gloss - Nars Baby Doll lip gloss (shimmering candy pink) LOVE THIS!

Eyebrows - 
Brow Pencil - Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wix in Taupe
Brow color/highlight - Becca Shadow & Light Brow Contour Mousse in Cocoa - I used this highlight color below the brow.
Benefit Gimme Brow Voluminous Fiber Gel in Light - this gives brows thicker appearance.

On Eyes -
Primer - Urban Decay Primer Potion to start (great primer keeps eye shadow on and crease-free all day)

Eyeshadows -
Nars Single Eyeshadow in Ashes to Ashes (shimmering violet based brown) used all over lid and crease
Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Bellisima (shimmering beige/grey-brown) - used the darker shade in crease
Nars Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia (shimmering topaz)- used on center of lid for shimmer
Nars Single Eyeshadow in Lulu (bright eggplant) in outer corner of eye and in crease
Nars Single Eyeshadow in Night Bird (dark grey with violent/plum shimmer)- Smudged as liner on top eyelid and outer bottom.
Nars Eye Paint (liner)  in Tatar (black with purple shimmer) - Liner and winged out
Nars Audacious mascara
Eyeslashes from Target (cant remember make, but bought most natural looking ones I saw)
Nars The Multiple in Copacabana on inner corner of eye.




I will add more pictures as I receive them from the photographer!




*I do want to add a little disclaimer to explain to anyone that has seen my posts about my love of BeautyCounter products. I do use Beauty Counter products (skincare and makeup) everyday. I exclusively use their skincare. I use their foundation and concealer every day. I am still expanding my collection of Beauty Counter color makeup. I had considered using their products on Megan for her wedding, but did not as I owned a limited amount of Beauty Counter makeup and only had a few days to practice.   Since this makeup was for one day, i did not worry about the ingredients and focused on products I had used for years and could predict their wear and longevity.  So while I know the primers  and MAC products WORK. I would never use them regularly due to their ingredients. Hope that makes sense!   I will always be honest about the products and how I feel about them. I do not doubt that the BeautyCounter products could have produced just as beautiful of a result, but since I did not have enough time to test them myself, I did not feel comfortable testing them on Megan for her wedding and photographs. As i get more Beauty Counter makeup I will post more about them!

No comments: