I’ve been using BeautyCounter products for several months now and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. My favorites are shown here and are: the Charcoal Cleansing Bar, Charcoal Mask, Balancing Facial Oil, and Sunscreen.
This past week I traveled to Ohio for my sister’s wedding (I was maid of honor!) and I had many people comment that my skin looked great and I agreed! I did my sister and my makeup for the wedding and used the facial oil on both of us before applying any makeup. I’ve found that using the right facial oil helps balance my own oil production and prevents me from getting oily or shiny throughout the day. I included a picture of my sister and I and I think it shows well the balance in our skin, giving a glow without being shiny (the picture was taken approximately 5 hours after makeup application)
Facial oils are right for you if you struggle with occasional (think seasonal or climate-related dryness) or persistent dry, flaky, or dehydrated skin and your moisturizer just isn't doing enough no matter how enriched and emollient it is.
Instead of continually searching for a new moisturizer, you can easily add facial oil to your routine and see a striking difference. Your skin will feel smoother, softer, and more resilient, not to mention taking on a natural-looking glow.
The ingredients in the BeautyCounter Balancing Face Oil are:
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil.
This oil has a fantastic ingredient lineup, with antioxidant-rich and emollient oils like rosehip, grapeseed, and sea buckthorn.
- Rosehip oil is widely used in various skin care products. It helps fight the signs of aging and assists in diminishing photo aging.
- Oral and topical applications of sea buckthorn oil both have benefits on skin problems. It promotes skin hydration, elasticity, and skin regeneration, and even helps treat and prevent acne.
- Sea buckthorn oil may also be beneficial for rosacea, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face.
- Research has shown that marula oil can improve hyper-pigmentation.
- Ylang ylang oil has been proven to help regulate the production of sebum, an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands, to protect your hair and skin from drying out. It has many cosmetic uses, including: maintaining skin moisture, clearing and healing acne, as well as antimicrobial properties that can help reduce skin irritation and redness.
- Chamomile oil can help calm or treat acne, rashes, eczema, wounds, dermatitis, and dry and itchy skin
You would use the facial oil under your moisturizer or on its own. I adore this face oil and used it day and night. I use three drops after washing morning and night. In the morning I follow it with sunscreen and I use it alone at night.
Those still afraid of breakouts, listen up: “Oils can help stabilize and regulate the overproduction of sebum, and actually help get rid of acne,” says France born facialist Isabelle Bellis, It’s essential not to “over-exfoliate,” she says, adding that an appropriate oil will balance out “your skin’s ecosystem and protect it from the external environment.” (Vogue, April 2016)
I started using facial oils several years ago and had never found one I was sold on. The balancing face oil changed that. I am curious to try the other two oils, hydrating and soothing, but have so enjoyed the balancing face oil that I have yet to do so.
The difference between the oils are the last ingredients listed. The added ingredients that make the Balancing Face oil are Ylang Ylang and Chamomile
- The Hydrating Face Oil also has Jasmine Oil. Jasmine Oil is traditionally used to restore skin, the essential oils and botanical extracts of jasmine increase skin’s elasticity and help balance moisture in the skin to naturally reduce dryness. Jasmine oil is a cicatrizer, meaning it helps fade scars left in the wake of acne, skin wounds, eruptions, and stretch marks.
- The Soothing Face Oil also has Calendula Oil which has great anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It helps soothe sore, inflamed, and itchy skin conditions.
If you feel your skin could use that extra boost especially in this coming winter, consider trying a BeautyCounter Face Oil!