Friday, June 25, 2010

Darphin Purifying Balm Review

I have very recently gotten into Darphin skincare.  I have been using the Intral line, but not for long enough to do a review.   I was at Space NK at Short Hills Mall (a skincare/cosmetics store)  and was told that Darphin's purifying balm was amazing.   I have tried other over night balms (decleor among others) and I liked them but didn't LOVE them.   The sales lady told me that the Darphin balm was great if your skin was freaking out (which mine was at the moment due to it being that time of the month)  She said to used it at night for three days in a row.  

So I did exactly that, and I have to say, I love it!    At the time, like I said I had my period, and on top of that, I was having multiple crisis at work, and working about 14 hours a day, and getting about 4 hours of sleep a day.  So normally that combination would wreak havoc on my skin!  I saw the beginning of some bumps but they all promptly went away. Shrinking the first day, and by the third day they were totally healed and gone!


This is the description on the website:

This aromatic, smoothing and purifying overnight treatment for face and body restores radiance as it helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. 
Key Ingredients: Tea Tree, Lavender, Sage, Geranium and Grapefruit essential oils, Hazelnut and St Johns Wort Oils, Beeswax.

Part of the reason I was drawn to this is because I saw it had tea tree oil, which has always worked well for me when I have had zits.
I have mentioned before how things with oils used to scare me, as I assumed if I broke out, I should never use anything with oil.  Boy is that wrong!  I have discovered that by using the RIGHT oils, it keeps my skin from over producing oils of its own.   So finding products that moisturize well without causing me to breakout is always my primary concern.   This balm is definitely one I will be coming back to, probably using it for the three days in a row right around my period.  I highly recommend it!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Darphin Purifying Balm too. I've been a loyal user of this balm for more than 10 years. It's always my go-to product when my complexion is dull. I heard some people mix this balm with a gel from Darphin and get even better result, but I don't know which gel it is...